Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wild Boar Ribs

I wanted my first recipe to be a little adventurous. Many years ago I was able to eat wild boar in Brazil and it was so good I have been looking for it ever since. So when I was shopping at Surfas the other day I found them with their other exotic meats and had to take a shot. You can easily substitute pork ribs for this recipe.

Marinade:

1/2 cup sugar

3/4 cup Ketchup

1/2 cup Soy sauce

2 tblsp worchestire sauce

2 tblsp sherry or mirin is ok

2 cloves of garlic crushed

1 knob ginger crushed

Mix together all marinade ingredients well so sugar is dissolved. Cover ribs with marinade and refrigerate overnight. Remove ribs 1 hour before cooking to bring to room temp.

Preheat oven to 325

It is best to place ribs on 2 piece roasting pan so the fat can drip under and away from the meat. Reserve the marinade. Cook ribs for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Brush reserved marinade over ribs every 15 mins except for the last 15 to 20 minutes. remove from oven and let rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

Buh bye

No comments:

Post a Comment